The Treatment Chart displays a synchronized history of a patient's clinical events. While the Hard Tissue Chart provides a graphical display of rendered treatments, the Treatment Chart displays a chronological, text-based view of clinical events that have occurred via the Hard Tissue Chart and corresponding clinical screens (such as the side panel of the Treatment Plan or the Orthodontic Clinical Summary).
You can also use the Treatment Chart to document walk-in appointments, manage current appointments, define chief concerns, and insert notes into events in the list.
Documented clinical events include:
- Charted observations and diagnoses via ‘Current’ mode (such as existing restorations or
- Patient's chief concern
- Day-based clinical notes entered to document care
- Notes added to clinical events, such as procedures, that provide additional detail
- Watches that were created to monitor potential concerns
- Procedures that have been scheduled, planned, or completed as part of patient care
- Prescription-based events, including drug order details and status updates of patient prescriptions.
To access the Treatment Chart:
- From the Patient tab, select Clinical > Treatment Chart. Treatment Visits are listed in chronological order.
- Under Actions, you can use the Mouth Region Filter to select an area to view, or use the Search field to display specific information.
Note: From this particular search field, you can search for any type of information contained on this screen.
- Under Display, select Chief Concerns, Treatment, Notes, Watches, or Prescriptions to further refine the displayed information.
- Use the Date Range filter or the Jump To feature to jump to a specific date in the list.
To begin documenting a walk-in appointment from the treatment chart:
- Under Actions, select Start Walk-In Appointment. The Walk-In Appointment window is displayed.
- Select the Chair/Room for the appointment, duration, and staff members.
- Click Start Appointment, and continue with the usual procedures.