The Clinical Chart (EMR) interface displays a synchronized history of a patient's clinical events, and options for adding or updating information both during and after the patient's appointment.
While the Hard Tissue Chart/Dental Chart provides a graphical display of rendered treatments, the Clinical Chart (EMR) displays a chronological, text-based view of clinical events that have occurred via the Hard Tissue Chart/Dental Chart and corresponding clinical screens (such as the side panel of the Treatment Plan or the Orthodontic Clinical Summary).
You can use the Clinical Chart (EMR) to document walk-in appointments, manage current appointments, define chief concerns, create a lab case, and insert notes into events in the list.
Documented clinical events include:
- Charted observations, diagnoses, and existing restorations via Current mode in the Hard Tissue Chart
- Patient's chief concern for the appointment
- Day-based clinical notes entered to document care
- Notes added to clinical events, such as procedures, that provide additional detail
- Questionnaires and correspondence that were flagged as clinical
- Lab cases
- Watches that were created to monitor potential concerns
- Procedures that have been scheduled, planned, or completed as part of patient care
- Prescription-based events, including drug order details and status updates of patient prescriptions
To access the Clinical Chart (EMR):
- From the Patient tab, select Clinical > Clinical Chart (EMR). Treatment visits are listed in chronological order.
- Under Actions, you can use the Mouth Region Filter to select an area to view, or use the Search field to display specific information.
Note: From this search field, you can search for any type of information contained on this screen. If you filter based on treatment type, then it will filter the content within a date/appointment.
- Next to Display, you can keep All Treatment Types, or use the drop-down list to select one or more specific categories.
- Use the Date Range filter or the Jump To feature to jump to a specific date in the list.
- Click Manage Appointment to modify the scheduled procedures, add new ones, defer scheduled ones, add from treatment plans, complete procedures, complete the appointment, and enter notes to be viewed at checkout.
- Click Add to Chart to select to define the patient's Chief Concern, add a Clinical Note, create a Prescription, or create or manage a Treatment Plan. The appropriate window is displayed for each selection.
To begin documenting a walk-in appointment:
- Under Actions, select Start Walk-In Appointment. The Walk-In Appointment window is displayed.
- Select the Chair/Room for the appointment, duration, and staff members.
- Click Start Appointment.