Product Enhancements and New Features:
“Family Billing” Feature (Guarantor Ledger View)
The Patient Ledger has been updated with multiple views to provide the ability to view and bill accounts by guarantor. When multiple patient accounts share a common guarantor, you can view a summary from any of the related individual ledgers and print a billing statement for the group.
- Select the patient's name to see only transactions for the patient.
- Select Guarantor For to see a summary of all the accounts for which the patient is a guarantor, even if it is only "self."
- Select Guaranteed By to see the name of the guarantor and a summary of the accounts associated with that guarantor.
- For more specific, transaction-level details about individual patient accounts, select a patient and view their ledger, or print an account history for the group.
Print Billing Statement for the Group
To create a billing statement that includes all the balances for which a guarantor is responsible:
- From the Patient Ledger, select the Guarantor For or Guaranteed By option. Transactions are listed for the patients on the account.
- Under Actions, select Print Billing Statement. The Statement Print Options window is displayed.
- Select Group Statement, and then enter the additional options.
- Click Print. A statement is generated that includes all the transactions listed on the tab.
Print Account History for the Group
You can also print an account history for the entire group, as well as for individual patients.
- For a group account history, select Guarantor For or Guaranteed By, and then select Print Account History. A Guarantor Account History report is generated showing a transaction history for each associated patient.
- For an individual account history, select the patient’s name then select Print Account History. A report is generated for the selected patient.
For more information, see How to Print a Patient Account History.
Inactive Patient Account Handling
Accounts Receivable and Bulk Statements have been enhanced to enable you to see and manage accounts for patients marked as Inactive.
Note: Inactive patients are not included when filtering for exceptions. This filter must be selected separately.
A filter has been added to the Accounts Receivable screen to enable you to include inactive patients.
(Location > Financial > Accounts Receivable).
When Include Inactive Patients is selected, those patients are displayed in the list with an icon next to the name.
For more information, see How to Print the Accounts Receivable Report.
A option has been added to the Statement Worklist to include patients marked as Inactive in a statement batch, or to generate a batch exclusively for inactive patients.
(Location > To Do > Statements > Generate New Statement Batch).
Inactive patients are noted with a visual indicator.
For more information, see How to Generate Bulk Statements.