Use the Claims Management window to manage claims for a location or all locations in a practice.
From the Location tab, select Claims > Claims Management. The Claims Management window is displayed, listing the claims for the selected location.
For each claim, the Claim Number, Status, D/M (dental/medical), Claim Type, COV (primary or secondary coverage), Provider, Last Updated date, Payer, Plan, Patient Name, and Billed and Paid amounts are displayed. You can sort the list by any of these columns.
Use the Filter List to refine the list by claim or coverage type, status, provider, payer, date created, or aging date range.
Click the Export Report option to create a .CSV file of the list as it is refined.
Claims that require action display an Alert icon in the Status column.
You can also:
- Search claims by: Patient, Policyholder, Claim ID, and Procedure codes (CDT code and nomenclature).
- Filter the list by Type, Status, Providers, Payers, Date Created, and Age range.
Note: The claim Type is assigned automatically when the claim is generated: Svc (statement of actual services), Pre-Auth (request for pre-authorization), COT (continuation of treatment for orthodontic services), Ortho (initial claim for orthodontic treatment).
- Elect to display only claims that are Cancelled, Pending Review, or Awaiting Attachments.
Select a claim in the list to view the Claim Summary.
From the Claim Summary, you can:
- View claim details
- Submit unsubmitted claims
- Print claims
- Apply payments
- Edit additional information
- Update the claim status
- Cancel the claim