Note: This feature supports the submission of medical insurance claims for customers using the Medical Billing module.
Sensei Cloud comes populated with the ICD-10-CM medical diagnosis code set that you can use when documenting a patient's condition. These codes are included on the CMS 1500 Claim Form (box 21).
When ICD10 codes have been defined for procedures, they are added to any subsequent claim details when an insurance claim (medical or dental) is produced.
This feature is enabled by default, but you can disable it if your practice does not use medical diagnosis codes. If prompting is enabled, the Diagnosis Codes dialog is automatically displayed whenever you add procedures to an appointment card, treatment plan, or ledger.
Note: Click Cancel if you do not want to add a code when prompted.
You can add or manage diagnosis codes for each procedure during these clinical workflows:
- Managing a scheduled appointment from the Hard Tissue Chart
(Patient > Clinical > Hard Tissue Chart > Today’s Appointment)
- Managing a scheduled appointment from the Clinical Chart (EMR)
(Patient > Clinical > Clinical Chart (EMR) > Manage Appointment)
- Managing a treatment plan from the Hard Tissue Chart
(Patient > Clinical > Hard Tissue Chart > Planning Mode > Pencil icon)
- Managing a treatment plan from the Treatment Plan window
(Patient > Treatment Plans > [select plan] > Pencil icon)
When ICD-10 codes are enabled, a column is added to the interface where procedures are managed.
- Click Add to select up to four codes for a procedure.
- After a code is saved, you can click Edit to add or remove codes from the procedure.
- Type at least three characters into the Search field to select a code.
- Review diagnosis codes as part of the procedure details in the Patient Ledger or Treatment Plan.
Managing Diagnosis (ICD-10-CM) Codes for Your Practice
You can enable or disable the prompt setting, or disable the feature if your practice does not use medical codes. To manage diagnosis codes, select Administration tab > Practice Settings > Diagnosis Codes.
- For Prompt Settings, select Yes or No.
If Yes, users are automatically prompted to add diagnosis codes during the relevant workflows.
- To disable the feature, select Disable Diagnosis Codes.
Disabling this setting prevents team members from recording diagnosis codes; controls are removed from the clinical interface. Any existing diagnosis code data will remain part of the patient's clinical history.
Note: You cannot add, edit, or remove codes from the system.