NOTICE! Improper Setup and Configuration of Imaging will cause this feature to malfunction! If you are unsure where the imaging directory is located, contact support for assistance.
Sensei Cloud integrates with Carestream Dental Imaging Software (CSI), as well as several third-party imaging software clients, including DIGORA, Dexis Imaging Suite 10.1.6.3; Sidexis 4; and Apteryx XrayVision 4.
- Select and set up each solution used in your practice location.
- When you acquire an image for the first time using a particular solution, you are prompted to install the imaging bridge, which completes the integration between Sensei Cloud and the chosen solution.
Configuring Imaging Settings
To set up the imaging solution for a location:
- From the Administration tab, select Imaging. The Imaging Settings are displayed. All enabled solutions are indicated with a green star, and the default solution is indicated by the solid green star.
- If you have more than one location, under Actions, select the location you are setting up.
- Select Edit Imaging Settings. The editable fields are displayed.
- Click the checkbox next to the solution you are setting up.
Note: If you are setting up CS Imaging, you must enter the local file path where images are stored.
- In the Map Patients Using field, select which value to use to map patients to their images in the existing repository.
Note: When this value is set correctly, it is recommended that you not change it for the imaging solution and location pairing. If your practice data was converted by Carestream Dental, the mapping value may have been set during the conversion process.
- If you have enabled multiple solutions for the location, click the green star next to the one that is the default solution.
Acquire/View Images for the First Time (Imaging Bridge)
This procedure completes the integration setup at the patient level by connecting the patient's record in the software to the location of the patient's stored images.
To acquire or view images for the first time:
- Search and select a Patient.
- Select Clinical > Images.
- Click Install Imaging Bridge.
Note: If prompted, install MS .NET Framework 4.7.
- Click Install Bridge.
- Click CSD.Phoenix.AcquisitionLauncher.Setup.msi in the lower-left of the window.
- After installation, click Acquire New Image.
- When prompted, click Open CSD.Phoenix.AcquisitionLauncher.
Acquiring Images After Setup
To acquire images after setup:
- From the Patient tab, select Clinical > Images.
Note: For Ortho patients, select Patient > Clinical > Orthodontic Clinical Summary > View Images.
- Select Acquire New Image. You are prompted to select which imaging software to use.
- Accept the default solution, or click the arrow to select a different solution.
- Click Launch Imaging. The acquisition solution is launched.