Use Current Mode to chart a patient's current anatomy, conditions, or existing restoration work. Entries are applied to the graphical tooth chart (Odontogram) and recorded in the clinical history/notes in the side panel. Notes can be added to each finding as needed.
For more information, see Hard Tissue Chart Visual Markup Legend.
To add existing conditions or diseases:
- From the Patient tab, select Clinical > Hard Tissue Chart.
- For Mode, select Current.
- Click the tooth number and select existing conditions/diseases for an entire tooth.
- Click the tooth diagram and select the tooth surface or root.
- Select existing conditions/diseases.
- Click the tooth surface diagram and select on the surface to select existing conditions/diseases. Pre-existing conditions or diseases are charted in grey; work performed outside of the office is charted in green.
Note: Conditions or existing restorations are expired from the visual chart whenever procedures are completed to remove them from the affected teeth. For example, a charted filling entry is removed when a crown is placed on that tooth. Conditions that are not removed by the current work are still displayed. While conditions may no longer be visible on the Odontogram, they are retained in the patient's Clinical History record, and all clinical events remain documented.