Posting Charges, Payments, and Adjustments Recorded Class
To post a charge from the Ledger:
- From the Patient tab, select Financials > Ledger.
- Under Actions, select New Charge. The Post New Charges window is displayed.
- In the Search procedures field, begin typing the code or description and select the correct procedure. The charge is added.
Note: You can use the list on the right to search from a different list of procedures.
- Verify and/or correct the indicated Location, Provider, and Amount.
- Continue adding procedures as needed.
Note: You can use the Copy icon to add the same procedure again, and then change the anatomy.
- If this procedure is covered by the Patient’s Insurance Plan, the Insurance to Bill field is automatically populated. You can use this field to select a different policy.
- Click Post Charges & Bill Ins. The charges are added to the Ledger and a claim is created if applicable.