Product Enhancements and New Features:
Pending List Enhancements
The Pending List has been enhanced to make it easier to find and schedule appointments from the list.
(Location > Appt Worklists > Pending List)
Updated Search Capacity
- A Search Patients field makes it easier to search for a patient by name.
- New Date Range filter defaults to All Dates but enables you to search a specified date range.
Note: The filter uses the date for which an appointment was originally scheduled, not the date it was cancelled or pended.
Multiple Appointment Selection / Rescheduling
New checkboxes enable you to select and reschedule multiple appointments at the same time. This is useful if you have multiple family members with pending appointments that need to be scheduled or rescheduled.
To schedule multiple appointments from the Pending List:
- Select Location > Appt Worklists > Pending List.
- Use the filters or sort the columns to refine the list.
- Check the box next to all the appointments you want to schedule.
- Under Actions, click Schedule Appointments. Sensei Cloud takes you directly to the Schedule Day View with the selected appointments in the To Be Scheduled panel.
- Find the appropriate time slots, and then click & drag the appointments to schedule them.
Note: If your practice has multiple locations, and you are in the All Locations tab's Pending List, the to-be-scheduled appointments are displayed in the side panel of the Schedule Day View for each associated location.
Payer ID List Displays Coverage Type and NEA Availability (US Only)
Because Sensei Cloud has a unique, seeded payer list that is specific to our clearinghouse, the Insurance Payer ID information has been updated to include additional visual indicators (badges) to show you whether a Payer ID accepts:
- Medical Claims
- Dental Claims
- NEA Attachments
The additional details make it easier to select the correct Payer ID when adding Insurance Payers to the system. (Administration > Insurance > Payers > Add New/Update Existing)
Procedure List and Fee Schedule Enhancements
In response to customer feedback, the Procedure List and Fee Schedule screen has been updated to enable you to better manage your lists.
(Administration > Procedures & Fees > Procedure List & Fee Schedule)
Use the new controls at the top of the screen to:
- Create a new list (copy/rename)
- Edit an existing list (first select the list in the for field)
When the selected list is the default, the green check notification is displayed. You must designate one list as the default list, either when creating a new list or editing an existing one.
Assigning Fee Schedules
Once procedure lists and fee schedules are defined at the practice level (Admin tab), you can assign specific lists/schedules to patients, providers, and locations. When you are scheduling an appointment, creating a treatment plan, posting charges and so forth, Sensei Cloud begins with the most specific default (patient), if one has been assigned, and then goes in order from specific to general (patient, provider, location, practice default).
Note: You can choose a different fee schedule at any time when selecting procedures.
To assign fee schedules:
- Patient: Patient Record > Edit Patient Record > Patient Preferences > Default Procedure List/Fee Schedule > Save Patient
- Provider: Admin > Team > Team Member > Edit Selected Team Member > Default Procedure List/Fee Schedule > Save Team Member
- Location: Home > Location Administration > Business > Default Procedure List/Fee Schedule > Update
Deactivating a List
To streamline the selection of procedure lists/fee schedules, you can deactivate an errant or out-of-date list. Deactivating a list prevents it from being used going forward; anything already selected from a list (scheduled appointments, existing treatment plans, existing charges, etc.) still applies.
You must have one list set as the practice default before you can deactivate any list; you cannot deactivate the default list.
Note: If a conversion was completed for your data, it is possible the system will not be able to determine which list is the default; a practice default must be assigned before deactivating any of your converted procedure lists.
Note for UK practices: Schemes are still applicable and based on NHS and private pay schedules. You are now able to deactivate private fee schedules you no longer need, but you cannot deactivate the NHS Procedures list, or any list currently linked to a scheme.
To deactivate a procedure list/fee schedule:
- Select the list in the for field and click Edit (pencil icon). The Update Procedure List window is displayed.
- Click Inactive, and then click Update.
- You are prompted to confirm the action.
- Click Deactivate.
Note: You can use the Inactive filter to view and reactivate list at any time.
For more information, see How to Use Multiple Procedure Lists / Fee Schedules.
Family Billing: Generating Guarantor Statements
When sending out billing statements, you have the option to generate a guarantor-based batch which can then be used to produce a single group statement that includes all the relevant transaction history (based on selected settings / options) for the group of patients that share the same guarantor.
(Location > To Do > Statements)
To generate a batch of Guarantor statements:
- Select Location > To Do > Statements. The Statement Worklist is displayed.
- Select Generate New Statement Batch. The statement options are displayed.
- Click Guarantor, and then select additional criteria: - Select which patients to include based on patient balance and status. - Select which patients to exclude based on recent statements, payments, amount due, or outstanding claims.
- Click Generate. The generated list is displayed, with the criteria at the top, along with the number of statements in the batch, the user who generated the statement, and the date.
Note: The list includes one line item per guarantor, with the total balance for the group (the guarantor and all associated patient accounts). Click on the line item to expand the details and take needed actions.
For more information on using this feature, see How to Generate Bulk Statements by Guarantor.
Additional Merge Fields for Clinical Documentation
To improve the accuracy of clinical documentation and communication, the following merge fields have been added for use in correspondence, data export, and clinical note templates:
- Preferred Provider (via Patient Record)
- (Current) Medications
- (Current) Allergies
- (Current) Medical Alerts
- Today’s Procedure Provider
- Last Treatment Date
For more information, see How to Create Clinical Note Templates, and How to Generate Custom Correspondence with Microsoft Word and Data Export Templates.
New CPT Code (US Only)
The CPT code J0585 has been added for practices that use medical billing.
For more information, see How to Use CPT Codes for Medical Billing.
Administrative Permissions / Access
This release corrected the problem of users not being able to access items on the Administration > Practice Settings menu. Team members who have specific administrative User permissions will now be able to access the relevant items even if they are not members of the Administrators group.
Defects and Small Enhancements
24 additional defects were addressed, including:
- A defect that prevented the printing of Continuation of Treatment claims (Ortho).
- Excluding adjusted transactions from the MTD & YTD totals in the Totals Summary report of the Financial Daysheet.
- A defect in the Applied Payments dialog for contracted insurance write-off (defaults the correct write-off amount from estimation OR the maximum amount available).
- An issue that prevented the completion of a Bulk Insurance Payment that included a payment.
- Removed adjusted transactions (corrections & removals) from the Transaction List reporting.