Use the Clinical Notes Template screen to create, copy, or edit templates to use when adding clinical notes for a patient.
To create notes templates:
- From the Administration tab, Templates > Clinical Notes Templates.
- Under Actions, select Create New Template. The fields become editable.
- Enter a unique Template Name.
- Select a Category from the list, or click Edit to access the Manage Template Categories window to add or edit a category.
- In the Favorite field, select Yes or No. If you select Yes, the template is pushed to the top of the list when adding a clinical note.
Note: You can also click the green star in the template list to designate favorites.
- Click Open Merge Fields and to select elements to include, and enter/format the text for the template using the appropriate controls.
Note: For example, an oral surgery office may want to add a Completed Procedures, Completed Procedures Description, or Completed Procedures and Completed Procedures Description merge field to a clinical note template, rather than manually entering this information. When procedures are posted to a patient's account on the associated service date, they are automatically applied to the Completed Procedures merge fields within the template.
- Click Save Template.
Note: You can use the Status options to make an existing template Active or Inactive, as needed.