Adding Fee Schedules Recorded Class
You can maintain multiple Procedure Lists for your practice, enabling you to use different treatment and fee options when scheduling, planning, or completing work in different contexts (such as, in different locations, by different providers, for different patient populations).
Use the Procedure List and Fee Schedule window to create and manage your lists (Administration > Procedures & Fees > Procedure List & Fee Schedule). The "for" field in the banner displays the default or currently selected list. Use the arrow to select from multiple lists.
Note: The default (original) list is named CDT Procedures in the US, and NHS Procedures in the UK. You can rename this list by clicking Edit Selected Procedure List and entering a new (unique) name, but it is recommended that you leave the name as-is.
Creating a New Procedure List
When you create a new list, you can select the default or other existing list to copy the procedures into the new list. After you create the list, customize it by creating new procedures or editing procedures in the list for Status (Active/Inactive), Resets Recare (Y/N), Minutes, and Fees.
In the US:
You can assign a new list to a provider. Whenever a patient’s default doctor or hygienist (designated in the Patient Record) matches that of a procedure list, it will be the default list presented for procedure-based workflows (e.g., treatment planning). You can also assign a list to a specified location.
To create a new procedure list:
- Select Administration > Procedures & Fees > Procedure List & Fee Schedule.
- Under Actions, select Create New Procedure List. The Create Procedure List window is displayed.
- Enter a Procedure List Name, and then select the existing list from which to copy the procedures.
- Select a provider and/or location for this list.
- Click Create.
Note: You can save time by copying the procedures from an existing list (US only).
Once your new procedure list is created, it is automatically selected and displayed in the Procedure List and Fee Schedule window. From here, you can create and add new procedures to the list, edit existing procedures that were copied to the list, or deactivate existing procedures to prevent future use.
Important: All changes made to procedures in the currently-selected list (such as new procedures, fee changes, etc.) apply only within currently selected list. Procedures updated in one list are not automatically updated in another.
Updating a Procedure List
To update the procedures and fees within a list:
- Select the list in the for field. The included procedures are displayed.
- To edit a single procedure, click the office code, enter your changes, and click Update.
- To bulk edit, check the box next to the procedures you want to update (or the checkbox at the top to select all), and then click Edit Selected Procedures. The Edit _(number)_ Selected Procedures window is displayed.
- Use the Batch Edit by Procedure Property controls to adjust a certain feature for the selected procedures.
- For Status or Resets Recare you can manually adjust each line item, or click Adjust All to give all the selected procedures the same value (Active/Inactive or Yes/No).
- For Fees, you can manually adjust the amount in each line item, or click Adjust All to display the Adjust Fee Amount for Selected Procedures control.
-- Click % and enter a percentage to increase (7) or decrease (-7) the existing fees, OR
-- Click $ to enter a dollar amount to increase or decrease the existing fees for the selected procedures.
-- Select the Round Fee to Nearest Whole Amount option if you want the updated fees to be set to full dollar amounts.
-- Click Apply.
- Click Save Changes. The updated values are applied whenever the this Procedure List is selected for a provider or location.
Note: Click Edit Selected Procedure List to update the name, associated provider, location, or scheme for a list.
Using Group Procedures
Group procedures, which function as "explosion codes" or "procedure templates," are now
associated with procedure lists.
(Administration > Procedures & Fees > Manage Group Procedures)
As with the Procedure List and Fee Schedule screen, you can select the desired procedure list in "for" field in the banner. When creating and managing group procedures, you can only select items (codes) from the associated procedure list.
Note: Copying the procedures from an existing list when creating a new procedure list will not create copies of that list’s associated group procedures.
Printing Procedure Codes / Fee Schedule
The Procedure Code and Fee Schedule window contains an option to Print Selected Procedure. Select the procedures you want, and use this option to create a report, in .PDF format, of the codes currently displayed and selected in the list. The title of each report will reflect the name of the list displayed in the for field at the top.
For more information, see How to Create or Edit Group Procedures and How to Increase Office Fees for Procedures.
Please sign in to leave a comment.