The Referral Follow-Up List consolidates the task of writing/sending referral follow-ups in one place. A patient is added to the list when an appointment is completed (checked out) that was the result of a referral, and removed from the list once the correspondence is sent. A record of the letter/email is saved in the Patient Correspondence window.
This worklist is found on the Location tab's To Do list, and as an Actions option (Manage Follow-Ups) on the Referral Activity window.
To send a follow-up letter or email to the referral source:
- From the Location tab, select To Do > Referral Follow-Up List.
- Use the filters to refine the list as needed.
- Select the patient. Appointment details are expanded.
- Click Send Follow-Up. The Send Follow-Up window is displayed. The patient name and referral source are entered automatically.
- Select Email or Letter.
- Use the Using Letter/Email Template search field to select a template. The contents of the template are displayed in the main panel.
- Select the treatment plan the correspondence is referencing, if applicable.
- Select Edit This Letter or Edit This Email. The correspondence becomes editable.
- Use the edit controls to add, delete, or remove content as needed.
- Click Save Letter or Save Email.
- After saving your changes, click Send All. A .PDF of the correspondence is added to the list in the Patient Correspondence window.
-- If Email is selected, the email is sent automatically.
-- If Letter is selected, select the letter in the list and click Download File. You can then print the file and mail it.
Note: If multiple follow-ups exist for the patient, the number (i.e. 1/3) and arrows are displayed at the top of the window. Use these arrows to access additional templates and compose the necessary correspondence, and then click Send All.