Use the Referral category of correspondence templates to correspond with referral source providers. You can access and create correspondence from the Referral Follow-Up List.
(Location > To Do > Referral Follow-Up List).
Note: You can also access the screen below from the Follow-Up list by clicking Manage Templates.
To create a referral correspondence template:
- From the Administration tab, select Templates > Correspondence Templates.
- Under Actions, click Create New Template. The fields are editable.
- For the Template Category, select Referral.
- For the Template Name, assign a unique name associated with this template.
- For the Template Format, select Letter or Email.
Note: If both formats are needed, save the template and then select Copy Selected Template from Actions. Save the copy using a unique name such as Referral Email.
The Addressee is populated as Referral for templates in this category.
- If you want correspondence created using this template to be included on the patient's Clinical Chart (EMR) under Clinical Notes, select the Clinical Event option.
- Click Open Merge fields to select the Referral merge fields for this template.
Note: For example, an oral surgery office may want to add a Completed Procedures, Completed Procedures Description, or Completed Procedures and Completed Procedures Description merge field to a referral correspondence template, rather than manually entering this information. When procedures are posted to a patient's account, the procedure data from the most recent service date is automatically applied to the Completed Procedures merge fields within the templates.
- Click Save Template.