Managing Referrals Recorded Class
The Referral Activity feature enables you to track activity associated with your referral sources. This functionality uses the referral sources previously added to a patient's record. You can also add a new referral source and manage existing referral follow-ups.
To track referral activity:
- From the Location tab, select Referrals > Referral Activity. The Referral Activity window displays a list of referral sources, along with the number of patients, appointments, posted production, and follow-ups for each. The list defaults to all sources, types, and dates.
- Use the Filter options to refine the list by referral source, type, or date range.
Note: Select Group by Practice to sort referral sources with multi-location practices.
- Select a referral source in the list to view more details, including referral dates, number of patients and appointments, and posted production amounts. Contact information is displayed to facilitate follow-up communication.
Note: The posted production value associated with each referral source for the selected reporting period is calculated based on the service date of the referral activity.
From the Actions panel, you can:
- Select Manage Referral Sources to access the Referral Sources list, where you can add a new source or update details of an existing source.
- Select Manage Follow-Ups to access the Referral Follow-Up List. Use this worklist to manage the list of referral-based follow-up appointments (Location > To Do > Referral Follow-Up List).
Note: The Referral Source Management and Referral Reports functionalities are accessible by team members who are included in the Administrators group. Users that are not Administrators need to be granted permission to access the Referral Activity Report. See How to Assign Group and User Permissions for more information on how to edit user permissions.