Use the Patient Record to enter a unique Patient Identification number (ID) for each patient. The Patient ID is displayed in the Patient Snapshot, and can be used as a search term for finding patients.
To define a Patient ID:
- From a Patient tab, select Patient Record.
- Under Actions, select Edit Patient Record. The Patient ID field becomes active.
- To create a Patient ID, do one of the following:
- Manually enter a unique patient identification number, such as an ID that existed in a previous system or that links to other types of records.
- Click Generate ID to generate the number automatically.
- Click Save Patient.
Note: System generated IDs consist of the first three letters of the patient's last name + MM + YY.
If another patient's last name begins with the same three letters, the generated ID is appended with 01.
External Reference ID (Converted Customers)
For conversion customers, a read-only External Reference ID field has been added to the Patient Record window that displays the patient’s ID used to map the patient account to his or her imaging repository. For converted patient records, this ensures that when the imaging bridge has been installed and the imaging acquisition software is launched, the patient’s existing images are available for review, and any new acquisitions will be stored in the correct place.
Note: For non-converted patient records, this field is populated with the same value as the Patient ID (if already defined) or the patient’s internal ID (if the Patient ID field has not been defined).
Please sign in to leave a comment.