You can set up templates for both letter (PDF format) and email correspondences; define the language, purpose, and target audience for each template; and add logos, letterheads, or other types of images, and indicate whether the correspondence should be included as a clinical note in the patient's chart.
- Use the Patient Lists Reporting feature (Dashboard > Reports > Patient List) to access the templates and send correspondence to patients who meet the specified criteria.
- Use the Patient Correspondence feature (Patient tab > Correspondence) to create and manage correspondence for individual patients.
For more information on using these templates, see How to Generate Patient List Reports.
To create a new correspondence template:
- From the User menu, select Administration, and then select a location if necessary.
- Select Templates > Correspondence Templates.
The Correspondence Template window is displayed.
- Under Actions, click Create New Template. A New Template form is displayed.
- Select a Template Category from the list: Clinical, Financial, Recall, Referral, Scheduling.
- Enter a unique Template Name.
- Select a Template Format: Email or Letter.
- For Addressee, select one: Patient, Patient Doctor, Referral Source, Responsible Party, Standard.
Note: If you select Standard, you will need to create two versions of the template; one for Patients and one for Responsible Parties.
- If you want correspondence created using this template to be included on the patient's Clinical chart under Clinical Notes, select the Clinical Event checkbox.
- Click Open Merge fields to select merge fields for the template.
Note: For example, an oral surgery office may want to add a Completed Procedures, Completed Procedures Description, or Completed Procedures and Completed Procedures Description merge field to a correspondence template, rather than manually entering this information. When procedures are posted to a patient's account, the procedure data from the most recent service date is automatically applied to the Completed Procedures merge fields within the templates.
- Use the text controls to create the body of the template.
- To import an image into the template, click the Image icon and select the file to upload. Use the controls to adjust the image, and click Add.
- Click Save Template.
From the Actions panel, you can also:
- Edit Selected Template: Select an existing template and make changes as needed.
- Copy Selected Template: Copy an existing template and assign a new name or format.
- Delete Selected Template: Remove a template from the list.