Patient Correspondence Recorded Class
You can send a letter-based correspondence or an email to a patient from anywhere in Sensei Cloud you see a Send Correspondence or Send Email link, or by clicking the patient's email address.
Correspondence and emails are stored in the Patient Correspondence list (Patient tab > Correspondence). Use this list to access, search, or view details of previous correspondence. You can also download correspondence as a .PDF file.
To send patient correspondence:
- From the Patient tab, select Correspondence. The Patient Correspondence window is displayed, with a list of previous correspondence to the patient.
Note: Generated Billing and Walkout Statements are still maintained in Patient Files.
- Under Actions, select Send Correspondence. The Correspondence Options window is displayed.
- Click Use Sensei Templates.
Note: See How to Generate Custom Correspondence with Microsoft Word and Data Export Templates for information on using external templates.
- Click Proceed. The Send Correspondence window is displayed.
- The patient's contact preference (as defined in the patient record) is selected by default. Select Email or Letter to change the method for this correspondence, if needed.
Note: Changing the method changes which templates are available.
- Select a template from the list. A preview is displayed in the main panel with the patient's relevant information in the merge fields.
- Select Edit This Letter or Edit This Email. The correspondence becomes editable.
- Use the edit controls to add, delete, or remove content as needed.
- Click Save Letter or Save Email.
- After saving your changes, click Send. A .PDF of the correspondence is added to the list in the Patient Correspondence window.
-- If Email is selected, the email is sent automatically.
-- If Letter is selected, select the letter in the list and click Download File. You can then print the file and mail it.
-- Select Add Note to enter comments about the correspondence.
Note: You can also access the Send Correspondence window from the Patient Minicard.
For more information, see How to Manage Correspondence Templates.
Sending an Ad-hoc Email
Emails sent from the Send Correspondence feature (described above) are generally templated and addressed to the patient, with some exceptions based on the selected template.
You can also can also send an ad-hoc email to the patient or to recipients other than the patient. For more information, see How to Send an Ad-Hoc Email.