Sensei Cloud provides you with the ability to generate customized reports to meet your unique reporting needs.
For example, you can generate a Production By Code report, which offers insight into the posted, procedure-based production for a selected reporting period.
Note: Administrators automatically have access to the Report Generator, but other users need the Report Generator setting activated within their user permissions (Administration > Permissions > User Permissions > Financial section > Report Generator). See How to Assign Group and User Permissions for more information.
To generate a report:
- From the Location or All Locations tab, select Financials > Report Generator. The Generated Reports List is displayed.
-- The list of reports includes any reports generated within the last 10 days.
-- You can use the Created By filter to display reports generated by specific users.
-- If you are accessing the Report Generator from the All Locations tab, there is an additional Locations filter option.
- Under Actions, click Generate New Report. The Create a Report screen is displayed.
- Select a Report Type.
- From the Group By drop-down list, select the grouping for the report (e.g., Office Code).
- Click on the Calendar icon to select a Reporting Period. A two-month calendar view is displayed, along with some predefined date range options.
Tip: You can select a date range such as Last 7 Days, This Week, etc., from the panel on the left side, or you can use the calendar to select an individual date or click-and-drag to select a date range.
- Under Compare PY, select Yes or No.
Note: Selecting Yes adds additional prior year columns to the Selected Columns for the report.
- Under Date Type, select Service or Transaction.
- Select an Ascending or Descending sort order for the report.
- Select a Report Format from the drop-down list.
--Totals and Subtotals: Overall total of the production associated with the selected reporting period.
--Totals, Subtotals, and Details: Transaction-level reporting of production associated with the selected reporting period.
- Under Select Columns, use the arrows to select columns to be included in the report (e.g., CDT Code, CPT Code, etc.).
Note: The available columns vary based on the Report Format selection. Click the x next to a column to remove it from the Selected Columns.
- Under Filter Parameters, use the filters for each column to further refine the criteria as needed.
--Click All next to a report item to open the Select Filter Values window (e.g., Select Filter Values - Office Codes). From here, you can select the specific items you wish to include. When you click Save, the number of selected items is displayed next to the column.
--Click Reset in the top right corner of the report generator to revert to the default report settings.
- Click Generate Report.
The Generated Reports List includes the following information for each report:
- Report Type (e.g., Production by Code)
Report Status (Reports are at Processing status while being generated, and then they change to Completed when they are ready to view)
Tip: The more data that is included in a report, the longer it takes for the report to finish generating. If a report remains at Processing status for a prolonged period of time, it may help to refresh your browser.
- Created Date (Date the report was requested)
- Completion Date (Date and time that the report generation was completed)
When the report generation is complete, you can:
- Click the report line item to view the Report Details.
- Click the eye icon to view the report, without the need to export it.
Under Actions, you can select:
--Back to Generated Reports
--Generate New Report
- Click the Export button to export the report as a .CSV file.
- Click the trash can icon to delete the report.
When a report is out of date and needs to be regenerated, an alert icon is displayed:
This alert indicates that the report was run before an update and needs to be regenerated. Reports cannot be viewed or exported when this alert is present.