Working with Treatment Plans Recorded Class
Sensei Cloud enables you to create treatment plans to submit to the patient for acceptance.
Important: Once an NHS plan has been accepted, it must be completed or discarded before creating another NHS plan. Only private plans can run concurrently with an active NHS plan.
You can also:
- Create groups within a treatment plan to help organize and schedule procedures.
- Move procedures between groups or reorder them within groups.
- Access unscheduled treatment plans and procedures from the Appointment Card to add procedures to an appointment.
- Schedule, manage, edit, close, or reject treatment plans from the Location Treatment Plan List.
Creating Treatment Plans
Create treatment plans from the patient's Dental Chart or from the Treatment Plans list on the Patient tab. An NHS course of treatment must be accepted by the patient before any action on the plan can be taken.
Practices can also select from available private fee schedules/procedure lists when planning, scheduling, and completing non-NHS work.
To create a new treatment plan from the patient's Dental Chart:
- Select Patient > Clinical > Dental Chart.
- Under Mode, select Planning. Unmanaged Procedures is displayed by default.
- Click the Plus + sign to create a new plan. The Create New Treatment Plan window is displayed, with Treatment Under the NHS selected by default.
Note: NHS plans are marked . For plans using private insurance, deselect this option. Private plans are marked .
- Enter a unique name for the new plan and click OK, or accept the default name (Plan number and date created.) The new plan becomes the Current Plan.
- Select the options that apply to this course of treatment.
- Select the Performer for this treatment plan. The associated Contract option is entered automatically.
- Select Best practice prevention to delivering better oral health offered if this information has been offered to the patient.
- Click OK. You are returned to the patient chart in Planning mode.
- Begin charting by selecting Tooth, Surface, or Region.
- Select the Type of procedure and the procedure code from the list.
Note: To add additional procedures, click Add Code in the Tools section. You can also select a specific procedure list to search within from the drop-down list.
- Continue adding procedures to the plan. Each proposed procedure is added as a note in the Clinical Notes section of the left panel and saved automatically with the plan.
To create a new plan from the patient's Treatment Plans window:
- From the Patient tab, click Treatment Plans. The patient's treatment plans are displayed.
- Under Actions, click Create New Plan. The Manage Treatment Plan window is displayed.
- Enter Plan Name and Notes to identify the plan.
- Use the Group Name section to create one or more groups and add procedures to organize the visits in the plan.
- Use the Search to add procedures field to select and add procedures to the plan.
--To change the procedure order, click the Move icon to the left of the procedure. You can click-and-drag the procedure to reorder it in the list.
--You can select a specific procedure list from the drop-down list to search for procedures within.
- Use the Actions controls for each procedure to set NHS Attributes (Treatment Referred Out, Treatment Done Under Guarantee) and to move or remove it.
- Click Create.
Viewing and Managing Treatment Plans
The functions for managing an existing treatment plan are divided between two modes: Viewing (schedule, print, complete, and reject) and Managing (editing details, groups, and procedures).
Viewing the Treatment Plan Window
This window is displayed when you open an existing plan. It is used for general review and plan-level management, such as completing or rejecting the plan, printing the treatment plan, or scheduling proposed work. The window displays:
- The current group and procedure count, as well as the total fee. This includes the associated charge band, UDA credit, and NHS versus private fee subtotals.
Note: NHS course of treatment calculations are not updated until all plan updates are saved.
- A group-by-group breakdown of proposed work, including each procedure, its details, and current status.
- The group-based summary, including procedure count, total fee, and the current group status.
- Plan status (Unscheduled, Scheduled, Pending, Completed, In Progress, Declined).
In the Viewing the Treatment Plan window, you can perform actions for selected procedures or a specific group, such as scheduling the proposed treatment or printing a treatment plan for review and acceptance.
When a plan has not yet been accepted, these options are displayed:
- Click Print Plan to create a .PDF document to print and obtain the patient's acceptance and signature. The entire plan is printed to accurately reflect the associated band charge and NHS fee.
- Click to access the NHS Case Mix window.
- Click to accept the plan.
- Click to view the patient's Best Practice status or to select Mark as Failed to Return if the patient does not complete the course of treatment.
After the plan is accepted, the View Claim icon replaces the Accept Plan icon. You can then:
- Select and schedule procedures and groups.
Note: The Schedule Selected or Schedule Group controls are only available when the associated procedures are Unscheduled.
- Click to display the Update NHS Claim window.
- Select Complete Plan and Procedures.
- For UK NHS courses of treatment, you can accept the plan and generate the claim, view the generated claim, and delete or "FTR" the plan using the existing controls.
- For all treatment plans, you can post completed procedures by clicking Post Charges. The Post New Charges window is displayed, where you can add additional charges, make modifications, and define additional service details prior to posting.
Managing Treatment Plans
Manage existing plans by clicking the Pencil icon in the Viewing window. The Manage Treatment Plan window is displayed.
You can modify the details of the proposed treatment, complete or defer/remove procedures, reorganize the course of treatment, enter plan notes, and perform plan-level management, such as completing or rejecting the plan.
Tip: You can enable Sensei Cloud's auto posting feature if you want charges to be posted automatically upon procedure completion. See How to Auto-Post Completed Procedures for more information.
Note: If procedures have been proposed for the patient, but not added to a treatment plan, they appear in the patient's Unmanaged List.
To edit a plan from the Dental Chart:
- Under Mode, select Planning.
- Select the plan from the Current Plan drop-down list.
Note: Procedures that have been proposed, but not added to a plan, are found under Unmanaged Procedures. The Unmanaged List is available from the Manage Treatment Plan window.
- Click the Pencil icon to edit the selected plan. The Viewing Treatment Plan window is displayed.
- Click the Pencil icon. The Manage Treatment Plan window is displayed.
- From here, you can rename the plan; select a provider for the plan, assign procedures to a group; add a new group and procedures; and re-order, edit, add, or delete procedures from the plan.
- Click Save Changes.
To edit a plan from the patient's Treatment Plan List, click the Plan Name.
Working With the Location Treatment Plan List
You can view a list of Treatment Plans for your location to identify open courses of treatment and determine whether to contact the patient to schedule the remaining treatment, or whether the course can be closed (e.g., as Failed to Return), allowing the practice to claim for the work that has been completed (e.g., UDAs).
To view Treatment Plans for a location:
- From the Location tab, select Appt Worklists > Treatment Plan List.
- Use the search filters to refine the list by patient name (Search Plans) or procedures (Search Procedures) or by Associated NHS Providers.
Note: Select the Only plans needing completion option to display plans for which all procedures have been completed, so that you can mark the plans Completed and claim UDAs.
- Click a line item to display more information or add a note.
- Click Schedule Appointment to create an appointment for the procedures in the selected plan.
- Click Manage Treatment Plan to view and edit details.
- From the Viewing Treatment Plan window, you can select procedures and:
- Schedule selected procedures.
- Print the plan.
- Click Send Pre-Auth to create a claim and request pre-authorization.
- Schedule or print the Group procedures.
- Post charges.
- Mark the plan and procedures as complete.
- Reject the plan.
Note: You must click Save Changes before taking plan-level actions.