Sensei Cloud maintains "person" records for individuals in the system (responsible parties, spouses, policyholders) who are not patients.
If you have a person in your system who is not a patient, but is listed in an existing patient's record, you can create a patient record for that person using the information already stored.
From an Existing Patient Record
To convert a person (responsible party, etc.) associated with an existing patient record:
- Select the patient to whom the person is associated.
Note: The Patient Search function does not find non-patients.
- From the Patient tab, select Patient Record > Edit Patient Record. The fields become editable.
- Jump to Responsible Party or Insurance Information to find the person's name.
- On the right-hand side, click Edit. The Update Responsible Party window is displayed.
- At the bottom of the window, click Convert to Patient. The Create Patient window is displayed, already populated with any details already entered for the individual.
- Click Create. The Patient Record is created.
Note: You are prompted to enter any missing required details.
From the Search Field
The customary first step in new patient creation is to use the Patient Search field to see if the patient is already in the system. When the search returns no results (persons do not appear in patient search), the Create New Patient prompt is displayed. Click this prompt to begin adding the new patient.
When creating a new patient matching identifying features of an existing person record (such as first name, last name, DOB, and phone number), the software prompts you to select the match. If you can confirm that the person record matches the new patient, then you are able to convert that information to a patient record.