Sensei Cloud enables you to customize the Patient Ledger by specifying the default order used to display posted transactions when the ledger is accessed. You can also specify how insurance claim acceptance dates are displayed on the ledger.
Note: This is a practice-level setting that applies to all patients and users and requires the appropriate user permissions to configure.
Note: Users can still click column headings to sort the columns as desired while working in the Ledger.
To set the Ledger defaults:
- From the Administration tab, select Practice Settings > Financial Rules. The Financial Rules settings are displayed.
- Under Actions, click Edit Financial Rules and scroll to the Patient Ledger Defaults section.
- Select whether to Order Transactions By Service Date or Transaction Date.
- For Default Sort Order, select Ascending or Descending.
- Select the Acceptance Date Default for Insurance Transactions:
- Select Claim Service Date to display the Acceptance Date based on the service date of the claim selected for the transaction.
- Select Today's Date to display the Acceptance Date as the current date at the time of posting.
Note: The Acceptance Date can be changed manally from the default at the time of posting.
- Click Save.