Sensei Cloud supports the electronic submission of primary medical claims for practices that use Sensei Cloud's Medical Billing feature. For more information, see How to Add a Medical Insurance Policy, How to Use CPT® Codes for Medical Billing, and How to Manage Claims for a Location.
To submit medical claims:
- From the Location tab, select Claims > Claims Management.
- In the Filter list, select Medical, and any other relevant filters to refine the list.
For each claim, the Claim Number, Status, Type, Provider, Last Updated date, Payer, Plan, Patient Name, and Billed and Paid amounts are displayed. You can sort the list by any of these columns.
Note: Claims that require action display an Alert icon in the Status column.
- Select a claim to view the summary and update the claim as needed.
- Click Submit.
Note: Subsequent medical claims can only be submitted via paper.
You can also:
- Search claims by: Patient, Policyholder, Claim ID, and Procedure codes (CDT code and nomenclature).
- Filter the list by Type, Status, Providers, Payers, and Date.
Note: The claim Type is assigned automatically when the claim is generated: Svc (statement of actual services), Pre-Auth (request for pre-authorization), COT (continuation of treatment for orthodontic services), Ortho (initial claim for orthodontic treatment).
- Elect to display only claims that are Cancelled, Pending Review, or Awaiting Attachments.
- Manage claims from the Patient tab by selecting Insurance > Claims Management.