Posting Ortho Payments and Pre-Payments Recorded Class
In Sensei Cloud, patients can make an advanced payment toward a current orthodontic contract using the Pre-Payment feature. When you enter a pre-payment amount for an active contract, the contract balance and the guarantor's portion of that balance are reduced accordingly. This is reflected as a balance adjustment in the patient's ledger.
The guarantor’s current Charge History and Schedule is automatically adjusted to reduce the number of scheduled future charges while maintaining the agreed upon charge amount and frequency. The posting of this pre-pay adjustment (Pre-Pay charge) is also added to the guarantor’s schedule details to maintain a record of this change to the original terms of the agreement. If the pre-payment fulfills the remainder of the guarantor's balance, the contract remains open for insurance charges, but the guarantor's charge schedule is halted.
Note: You can still edit the active contract to modify the charge frequency, next charge date, or charge amount in response to the advanced payment.
To enter a pre-payment amount for an active contract:
- From the Patient tab, select Financials > Contracts.
- Select the active contract for which the payment is being entered. The contract details are displayed.
- Under Actions, select Pre-Pay Contract. The Adjust Balance window is displayed with the adjust type Contract Adjustment selected by default.
- Enter the Amount of the pre-payment being entered, as well as any relevant Comments. The Remaining Balance is recalculated automatically.
Important: You must still collect and post the pre-payment amount to adjust the current balance.
- Click Save Changes. The adjustment is posted to the patient's ledger, making that portion of the guarantor's balance current.
Note: Pre-payment can also be entered manually through the Patient Ledger. If there are multiple active contracts in the ledger, be sure to select the one you are adjusting.
Important: Whenever you post a payment that creates a credit balance for patients with active Ortho contracts, you are prompted with the option to create a contract adjustment.
-- Select Yes, Pre-Pay to adjust the contract as described in this procedure.
-- Select No, Leave Credit to apply the payment as a credit toward scheduled contract charges as they occur.