You can create a list of labs your practice uses, and then select from the list when creating a lab case for a patient.
Important: You must enter lab information before you can create patient lab cases.
Adding a Lab to the List
To enter lab information:
- From the Administration tab, select Practice Settings > Manage Labs. The Lab Management window displays any labs already entered.
- Under Actions, select Create New Lab. The Create New Lab window is displayed.
- Enter a unique name and the lab's contact information.
- Enter the lab's address, and then click Create. The lab is added to the list, and can be selected from any location in your practice.
Editing Lab Information
If a specific lab is no longer used by your practice, you can deactivate it to prevent its future use when creating patient lab cases.
To edit information for a lab, or change the Active/Inactive status:
- Select the lab from the name column in the list. The Update Lab window is displayed.
- Make your changes and click Update.
Note: Status changes do not impact existing lab cases, but any updates to the lab name or contact information are automatically propagated to all associated lab cases.
For more information, see How to Manage Patient Lab Cases.