You can send an email to or about a patient from anywhere in Sensei Cloud you see the Send Email link, or the patient's clickable email address.
You can direct an ad-hoc email to any of the patient’s active responsible parties, referral sources, or (insurance) policyholders. The available recipients are based on those defined in the patient’s record (Patient tab > Patient Record).
Emails are stored in the Patient Correspondence list (Patient tab > Patient Correspondence). You can also use the Send Correspondence feature to send template-based emails. For more information , see How to Send Patient Correspondence or Email.
To send an ad-hoc email:
- Select Send Email from the Patient Minicard or from the Actions panel of the Patient Correspondence list. The Send an Email window is displayed.
- In the Addressee field, you can keep the default (Patient) or select Responsible Party, Referral Source, or Policy Holder.
- Select the specific Recipient Name (if multiple options exist), and enter an Email Address if necessary.
Note: If an email address has not been specified for the selected recipient, you can enter one and are given the option to automatically update the person’s record when the email is sent.
- Specify the Correspondence Type to help classify the communication (such as Financial, Recall, Insurance, etc.).
- Enter a subject and compose your message, using the formatting and style controls to create the desired appearance.
- Click Send Email. A .PDF copy of the email is saved to the Patient Correspondence list.
Note: To send an email message using your practice’s existing email-based templates and/or merge field, use the Send Correspondence link and select Email.
Please sign in to leave a comment.