Mechanics Tracking Recorded Class
To set up Orthodontic Treatment using Mechanics:
- From the Patient tab, select Clinical > Orthodontic Clinical Summary.
- Under Actions, select Begin New Treatment.
The Begin New Treatment window is displayed.
- For Treatment, use the list to select consultation, Full Ortho Treatment, or initial.
- Change the Start Date if you do not want the current date.
- Enter the Estimated Months of the treatment. The Estimated Completion Date is calculated automatically.
- Select the Treatment Modality type: Mechanics.
- Click Save. A Mechanics Tracking section is added to the Clinical Summary.
Managing and Tracking
You can manage mechanics by clicking on them in the Orthodontic Clinical Summary, or by selecting Mechanics Tracking from the Clinical menu.
To track and manage mechanics:
- From Mechanics Tracking section of the Clinical Summary window, select the device, or select Mechanics Tracking from the Clinical menu.
The Mechanics Tracking window is displayed for the selected type (from the summary window), or you can select a type from the Filter List.
- Select History, Current (default), or Planned, and then use the search fields to select a device.
Important: When typing in the search field, you are prompted to create an item not already in the list. Once created, it cannot be deleted, but you can use the Edit function to correct it.
- Click Add ________ for each device.
Note: When additional information is required, such as tooth number, day/night, and so forth, you are prompted to add the information.
Note: Only one archwire can be current in each panel. When a new one is placed, the existing entry is relegated from Current to History, with the dates and details noted.
- Under Actions, use the Filter List to display other device types, and document the patient's treatment.