Creating Prescription Templates Recorded Class
Create and manage a patient's prescriptions from the Prescriptions window. You can also create prescriptions from the Clinical Chart (EMR) window's Add to Chart control.
To issue a prescription:
- From the Patient tab, select Clinical > Prescriptions. The Prescriptions window displays the list of prescriptions for this patient.
- Under Actions, click Create New Prescription. The Create Patient Prescription window is displayed.
- In the Prescribing Provider field, select the provider.
- In the Prescription Start Date field, change the date if the default is incorrect.
- In the Drug Name field, do one of the following:
a. Select a drug from the list.
b. If the drug is not in the list, create it by entering the name and selecting Create.
c. Use the Rx Template (Managed from Administration > Templates > Prescriptions).
- Select or create the Strength/Dosage, SIG, and Formulation.
- Complete the remaining fields.
Note: If creating a new prescription type for future use, select the Save as Rx Template option.
- Click Save and Print. A prescription is created in .pdf format so that you can print it.