Checking Patients In and Out Recorded Class
When an appointment is marked as Complete, the patient is placed in the Checkout Queue located in the upper-left portion of the screen.
To check out a patient:
- From the Checkout Queue, select the patient to expand the checkout workflow.
- Under Financials, click Post Charges to display the Post New Charges window, which lists the procedures attached to today’s appointment. Additional procedures can also be posted. Click Post Charges.
- Under Financials, click Take Payment to open the Post New Payment window. Enter the Amount and Payment Type, and then click Post Payment.
Note: When the Payment Type is Insurance - Check, Insurance - Credit Card, or Insurance - EFT, the Claim Number field is displayed. Select the associated claim.
- Click Schedule Next Appointment or Schedule Treatment Plan Items if any are listed. The Appointment window is displayed.
- In the Print Documents section, you can select an item to print.
- The Excuse Letter is only available during the Patient Checkout process.
- The Daily Receipt lists a simple accounting of all transactions - charges, payments, and adjustments - posted with the current service date.
- Click Complete Check-Out to clear the patient from the Checkout Queue.
Note: Click Resume Appointment to close the Checkout window and change the appointment status from Complete to Seat.
Note: If a Completed Appointment does not show in Checkout, check the Location. The Location entries must match in each of these areas of the software:
-Team Member: Default Location
- Patient: Preferred Location
- Schedule: Same Location as Team Member and Patient