You can view a patient's connected patients in the patient record (Patient tab > Patient Record > Connected Patients).
The following connections are created and added to the patient record automatically:
- Scheduling Connection - Patients with a shared Appointment Link, such as Family Members
- Billing Connection - Patients with a shared Guarantor
- Insurance Connection - Patients with a shared Insurance Policy (or policyholder)
Note: Within the patient record, a star icon indicates if there is a Scheduling, Billing, or Insurance connection with the connected patient.
For example, if the star under Billing is filled in, there is a billing connection between the patients. If the star under Scheduling is an outline only (not filled), then there is not a scheduling connection between the patients.
New connected patients can also be manually added to a Patient Record:
- Navigate to the patient record (Patient tab > Patient Record).
- Click Edit Patient Record. The fields become editable.
- Scroll to the Connected Patients section or click the link within the Jump To menu.
- Click Add New Connection.
- Begin typing a name in the Search to add connected patient field, and then select the desired patient.
- Select a Relationship type from the drop-down list.
- Click Save Patient to save the patient record.