Setting Up a Recare/Recall System Recorded Class
Patient settings for Recare (US) and Recall (UK) are found in the Patient Record. Default settings apply to the practice, but you can also specify settings per patient.
Note: If the Practice Default for Set New Patients On Recare/Recall is Active, then new patients are automatically designated On Recare/Recall when entered into the system, and remain until their first recall/recare appointment is completed. For more information, see How to Set Default Recare/Recall Settings, and How to Use the Recare/Recall List.
To set a patient's recare/recall appointment defaults:
- From the Patient tab, select Patient Record > Edit Patient Record.
- Under Jump To, select Recare/Recall Appointments.
- For On Recare/Recall List, select Yes or No. If Yes, continue with the following settings.
- Select Use Practice Defaults if you want to use the default settings. If you leave this option blank, select the Frequency, Appointment Duration, and Default Procedure for this patient's recare/recall appointments.
- Select an Alternative Procedure if required for the patient.
- Select a Preferred Contact Method for recare/recall notifications: Mail or Email.
Note: The Email option is only available if the patient's email is entered under Contact Information.
- For Initial Recare Date, enter the date of the patient's last recare/recall appointment, even if it occurred outside of your practice. This date is used to calculate the patient's next recare/recall due date.
- Click Save Patient.
Note: Existing Recare information can be viewed on the Patient Mini Card.
Please sign in to leave a comment.