To post a payment to more than one connected patient balance:
- From the Patient tab, select Financials > Ledger.
- Select New Payment. The Post New Payment window is displayed with the selected patient's balance.
- Use the Search field to select one or more connected patients. The additional patient balance is displayed underneath the first.
Note: Connect patients to each other in the Patient Record.
- In the Amount Paid field, enter the amount to be applied to each account, until the total displayed in the bottom of the window equals the total amount of the payment.
- Verify or correct the Location and Date fields for for this transaction.
- Select a Payment Type from the list.
Note: If you select Insurance, you are prompted to select a claim, and the Claim Number is entered automatically.
- Use the Reference and Comments fields as needed for additional information.
- Verify that the Payment Amount is correct. If not, adjust the Amount Paid entries.
- Click Post Payment. A Split Payment Summary window is displayed to verify the transaction with links to each patient's ledger.
Note: Select a patient in this window to view the ledger.
Please sign in to leave a comment.