Adding Patients Recorded Class
When you schedule an appointment for a new patient, you are creating a new patient record. A patient is considered NEW until a first appointment is completed and charges are posted to the patient ledger.
Appointments for new patients include a visual indicator on the schedule.
The NEW indicator is also displayed on the Patient Minicard and Home tab, as a reminder that more information may be needed for the Patient Record (Patient > Patient Record > Edit Patient Record), or that the patient may require additional information from your practice prior to the appointment.
To create a new patient appointment:
- Navigate to the date in the Schedule and select the time for the appointment.
- Click the + sign to create the appointment. The Search Patients field is displayed.
- Type the new patient's name to make sure they are not already in the system.
- Click Create New Patient. The Create Patient window is displayed.
- Enter the patient's information in the fields.
Note: To enter only the required information, select the Display required fields only option. You can enter additional information later by selecting the Patient tab, then Patient Record > Edit Patient Record.
- Click Create. The Appointment Card is displayed for the new patient.
- Enter the relevant appointment details, and then click Schedule Appointment.
New Patient Report
To generate a list of new patients:
- From the Dashboard tab, select Reports > Patient List.
- Click Select New Report.
- From the drop-down list, select New Patients, and then select any additional criteria for the report.
- Click Run.