Sensei Cloud enables you to send one combined billing statement to all patients associated with a guarantor when generating bulk statements.
You can reduce the amount of printed statements by printing a single billing statement for a guarantor and all the patient accounts that have the guarantor assigned in their patient record (Patient tab > Patient Record > Responsible Parties section).
Note: If you have the Automated Statements service enabled, you are unable to generate statement batches by guarantor. To learn about Automated Statements, see How to Use the Automated Statements Service.
To generate a statement batch by guarantor:
- From the Location tab, select To Do > Statements. The Statement Worklist is displayed.
- Use the filter list to refine the statements to include in the batch. In the Generate by section, click Guarantor.
Note: When a statement batch is generated by Guarantor, the filters still apply to individual patient accounts. For example, it is possible that the guarantor may be included in the batch, but an individual patient that is part of that guarantor group may be excluded if their account meets the exclusion criteria (e.g., if their account is inactive and the statement batch is set to only include active patient accounts).
- Click Generate. The generated list is displayed, with the criteria displayed at the top, along with the number of statements in the batch, the user who generated the statement, and the date.
Note: The generated list includes one line item per guarantor, with the total balance for the group (the guarantor and all associated patient accounts).
Once the statement worklist is generated, you can work with the items in the list.
Keep in mind that:
- If all patients within a guarantor group fail to meet the inclusion criteria that is indicated at generation, the entire group is excluded from the statement batch.
- Guarantors are not included in the statement batch if they are not a patient, or if they meet the exclusion criteria.
Click on a line item to display all the patients that are included on the group statement. The guarantor and the associated patients are listed, and you can see the separate amounts due for each.
Additional options are available when the guarantor line item is expanded to reveal the Connected Patient Overview:
- Click the Patient Name for the guarantor or any associated patient to navigate to their ledger.
- Click Edit Guarantor to update any missing personal or contact information for the guarantor, such as their address.
- In the Actions column:
- Click the blue T to add a message to the patient's statement.
If you print individual statements, the message will appear in the Notes section of the individual patient statement. If you print group statements, the message is displayed in the Notes section of the group statement.
- Click the red X to exclude the individual patient from the statement.
If you print individual statements, the individual's statement is excluded from the statement batch. If you print group statements, a guarantor group statement is still included in the batch, but the individual is excluded. See Printing the Statement Batch for more information.
Tip: You can also use these symbols next to the main guarantor line item to add a message to or exclude the entire group statement from the batch.
Hold your cursor over any alert icons to see what action is needed on the patient account.
Note: The actions must be addressed in order to include the statement in the printed batch.
Printing the Statement Batch
If you print and mail your statements, click Print Current Statement Batch. The Statement Print Options are displayed.
Under Print Statement as, click Individual Statements or Group Statement.
If you select Individual Statements, individual statements are generated for the guarantor and all patients who share the guarantor. If you select Group Statement, a single combined statement is generated for a guarantor and all the patients that share the guarantor.
Note: If you add a Statement Message in the Statement Print Options window, this message is added to every statement in the batch.
For more information on generating bulk statements, see How to Generate Bulk Statements.