You can document a patient's chief concern as part of the clinical workflow. The Define Chief Concern control is part of the clinical notes interface in the Hard Tissue Chart, Treatment Chart, Soft Tissue Chart, Perio Chart, Orthodontic Clinical Summary, and Treatment Plan screens.
To document a patient's chief concern:
- From the Patient tab, click Clinical and select a clinical view.
- In the clinical notes section, select Define Chief Concern. The Create Patient Chief Concern window is displayed.
Note: From the Treatment Chart, click Define Chief Concern on the right side of the relevant date.
- Use the drop-down list to select a chief concern.
- Enter more specific information into the Additional Details field.
- Click Create. A clinical event note is created for the date entered.
Note: Only one chief concern can be defined per date, appointment, or encounter.
Note: The Patient Chief Concern feature is managed from the Administration tab. For more information, see Setting Up Patient Chief Concerns.