Setting Up Automatic Payments Recorded Class
Orthodontic practices using the Sensei Cloud ePayments Secure service can set up automatic (recurring) payments as part of an Ortho Contract. You can add automatic payments to new and existing contracts.
- The stored payment method is automatically billed when the contract’s next scheduled charge posts to the patient ledger. This method can be updated as needed.
- Charges appear on the patient ledger as Ins. Ortho Contract Charge and Pt. Ortho Contract Charge. The description of each line item notes the responsible party for the charge.
- Automatic Payments appear in the patient ledger as Auto Pmt.
- Failed payments (declined card, etc.) generate an alert, and can be addressed/processed from the Failed Payments work list (Location > To Do > Failed Payment Transactions).
- Use the Scheduled Automatic Payments report (Location > Financial > Auto Payments) to review contract-based revenue for the current month or specified range. This report displays scheduled recurring payments and statistics on the month’s contract-based charges and payments. The remaining balance of active contracts (at the end of the month) is also provided, enabling you to project fluctuations in revenue based on existing contract closings and new contract starts.
Note: This report only includes contracts for which recurring payments have been configured. The Contracts report (Location Tab > Financial > Contracts) provides an overview of all practice contracts.
To add automatic payments to a contract:
- From the Patient tab, select Financials > Contracts. The Contracts window is displayed.
- Select New Contract, or select an existing contract and click Edit Selected Contract. The contract details become active for editing.
- Scroll down to the Automatic Payments section, and click Add Automatic Payments. The details are expanded showing the payment schedule information.
- Click Add Automatic Payment Method. The Add Automatic Payment Method window is displayed.
- In the Use Card Device field, select a device (swiper) to use for collecting the card's payment information. Users should select the device to which they have physical access.
- In the Credit to Merchant field, select the merchant account to credit with the payments.
- For the Transaction Method, select Insert/Tap/Swipe Card, and then click Submit.
- Follow the instructions on the card device.
Note: If the card is not present or you are handling the setup remotely, select Manually Enter Card Details and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Click Save Contract. The contract details are updated while securely masking the credit card information.
Note: To edit the payment method details, click the pencil icon. This can be edited at any time; the new card information will be used for the next charge.
For more information, see How to Create an Ortho Contract and How to Remove Automatic Payments from an Ortho Contract.