Using Routing Slips Recorded Class
Some practices use routing slips to manage appointment preparation and back-to-front office communication. They can help track, guide, and verify the details of patient appointments as they progress through the various stages. When routing slips are enabled, you can determine what information is printed on the slips in addition to the appointment basics. You can include details like scheduled procedures, referral info, insurance, and treatment plans, and use them to verify what is posted during checkout.
Enabling Routing Slips for Your Practice
To enable and configure routing slips:
- From the Administration tab, select Practice Settings > Routing Slips.
- Under Actions, select Edit Routing Slips.
- Next to This Practice Uses Routing Slips, click Yes. The Display Additional Information selections become active.
- Select Yes for each type of information you want displayed on routing slips.
Note: Click on an option to display a brief explanation.
- Scroll down to Common Procedures and select Yes if you want to include a list of procedures (up to 16) commonly performed in addition to scheduled procedures, so they can be checked on the routing slip and added to the appointment during checkout. When this section is enabled, additional blank options are provided for write-in procedures.
Note: If you include the section but do not select procedures, blank lines are displayed for handwritten entries. Anatomy identifiers must also be written in.
- Use the Search procedures field to select the common procedures you want to display on the routing slip.
Note: You can drag the procedures to determine the order they are displayed on the routing slip, or click x to remove them.
- Click Save.
For more information, see How to Print Routing Slips for Patient Appointments.