Sensei Cloud provides standard Discount and Write-Off types you can select when posting adjustments to a patient's balance, or to the balance of a pending Ortho contract. You can customize these lists by adding new types.
For more information on applying Discounts and Write-Offs, see How to Adjust a Patient Balance.
To customize your lists:
- When selecting a Discount or Write-off Type, click Edit.
The Manage Discounts or Manage Write-Offs window is displayed.
- Click Add New. A new line is created in the list.
- Enter a unique name for the new type (such as, New Patient - child, etc.)
Note: If you update the name of a custom type, it will automatically update any existing uses with the new name.
- In the Status column, select A for active or I for inactive.
- In the Actions column, click the checkmark to save the item to the list, or X to delete it.
Note: You cannot edit or deactivate the discount and write-off types provided with Sensei Cloud, but you can use the pencil icon to edit types that you create. Deactivating a Discount or Write-Off will prevent its future use, but will not impact existing transactions that have been posted.