The Patient Notifications feature enables you to add multiple categorical alerts, providing a quick way to communicate meaningful information across your team when viewing a patient. The notification indicator (bell icon) is displayed anywhere the patient mini card is displayed, below the medical alerts icon, and is red if notifications exist. The corresponding number tells you how many alerts exist.
Click on the bell icon to open the Notifications window, where you can review, add, and manage patient notifications.
Tip: Hover your mouse over either icon to display a tool tip.
To add a notification:
- Click the bell icon. The Notifications window is displayed showing any existing notifications. Use the Filter List to refine the list by category, or display only current or archived notifications.
- In the top right corner, click Add New. The entry fields are displayed.
- Select a category, and then enter text in the Create Notification field.
- You can select Hide By Default for patient privacy if you want the notification to be accessible from the Notifications window but not display in a tool tip when hovering.
Note: This setting is recommended for sensitive data.
- You can select Expires to assign a calendar date for the notification to be automatically archived and no longer displayed.
- Click Save. The notification is added, and the bell icon and number are updated.
- Repeat to add as many notifications as needed, and then click Close.
Note: Existing notifications can be manually archived, restored, or edited, including modifications to the text displayed and/or assigned category.
Please sign in to leave a comment.